Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bird's Nest Spring Wreath{DIY}

A wire hanger & burlap? That simple?!
This was so easy.  I followed this tutorial here.


I did make my strips a little thinner for a thicker fill & I was using a smaller sized wreath.
I added my own touches to it using vintage fabric to make flower rosettes and hot glued them onto the burlap.

I took a photo and sent it to my sister, aunt, and mom.
Everyone responded with compliments, but my sister said "It reminds me of a bird's nest." 
{I immediately remembered those little clip on bird ornaments from my Christmas tree}
PERFECT---I put a bird on it! {ha} 

I like hanging all my wreaths using clothes line, clothes pins and fabric for the top of the wreath {just my thing}.
I also whipped up a little matching fabric banner for our porch bench.

A good start to outdoor spring cuteness!




Thanks for looking! 
XOXO, 
Kate 

6 comments:

  1. super cute Kate! i really like the way you hang the wreaths with the clothes line and pins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Thanks for linking up with Strut Your Stuff Saturday. We're hoping you will join us again next week with more great ideas! - The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks great. I would love for you to stop by My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this - all the texture and frayed edges make me giddy! Thanks for linking up to tickled pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be featuring you on Thursday. Thank you so much for sharing at {wow me} wednesday. :)

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love the way you hung it with clothespins too! Clever!! Found you at gingersnap!

    ReplyDelete